Careers at Maverick Consulting
We help bring out the best in our people in an innovative, exciting and entrepreneurial setting.
At Maverick Consulting work means fun but at the same time dedicated commitment, focus, and high spirited team effort.
We are passionate about what we do, the way we do, and the reason we do. Our clients value our talent’s commitment and we value the individual goals, expertise, ideas and integrate these with our organizational goals. We are devoted to developing our professionals and creating a workplace culture that embraces diversity and drives business and personal success.
Senior IT Auditor / IT Risk Consultant
- Conduct IT application and general controls review for multiple clients, which covers all key risks in a technology environment and all operational areas (Physical Security, Logical access and data security, Change Control, Data backup, Network Monitoring)
- Perform risk assessments of various applications including financial, ERP, and other IT systems in scope of the audit
- Create and execute SOX IT Audit plans to test IT security controls for Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Perform mapping of internal IT controls framework to external auditor’s control framework and identify gaps and missing controls
- Perform in-depth pre and post implementation controls review to validate system security design from a compliance with internal IT audit framework
- Collaborate with client’s IT teams to perform data privacy reviews for PCI, HIPAA Compliance, provided feedback on completeness and accuracy of controls
- Use various IT controls frameworks like COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001 etc. to validate client’s control environment and to ensure alignment with industry standard frameworks.
- Assist senior team members in ongoing implementation, testing and reporting requirements for SOX for various clients.
- Work closely with engagement managers and cyber security leads to assist with network security assessments and support penetration and vulnerability testing
- Perform pre and post implementation reviews for outsourcing an IT infrastructure and application administration for clients
- Perform bulk audit data analytics and controls monitoring using industry standard tools
- Conducted IT, compliance and detailed infrastructure audits, aligned audit procedures with control objectives and risks, prepared audit reports
- Prepare work papers which record and summarize data on the assigned auditable entity
- Led and managed several IT control framework redesign efforts within internal audit departments that resulted in saving time, effort and resources in audit plan execution.
- Perform IT vendor security reviews like SSAE16, SOC1, and SOC2 detailed reviews for clients’ third party providers
- Review, evaluate and provided recommendations on improving IT Policies and procedures to meet necessary control objectives
- Support senior team members with PCI Compliance, SOC readiness preparation, HIPPA controls implementation
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Min 2 years of Information Technology Audit experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Information Systems or other related IT discipline.
- Experience performing IT application control reviews, change management and IT infrastructure security reviews.
- Experience in performing database security reviews.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, Oracle Financials, Peoplesoft, AS400 and Mainframes
- Experience with CAAT and GRC tools
- Prior experience with IT security testing, IT risk assessment, IT auditing, and business systems analysis
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.